Smiling is great for your health. The more you smile, the longer you stay healthy and happy. Even experts say that smiling makes you look younger, it elevates your mood and also promotes a sense of well-being. And a good smile starts with your teeth. So, it is always important to maintain your oral health to keep smiling. Despite advancements in dental care, we can see that millions of people suffer from tooth loss due to decay, disease, or injury.
For patients who yearn for that dream smile, several options are available. It will take proper research and understanding of each method to choose the right one for you. Well before you opt for the seemingly cheapest and most convenient option, it’s important to know the facts.
Here’s what you need to understand about dentures and implants when you’re considering which one is right for you.
A denture is a simple dental procedure of replacement for missing teeth and the surrounding tissues. There are basically two types of dentures available, complete and partial dentures. Dentists suggest complete dentures when all the teeth are missing and recommend partial dentures when some natural teeth remain.
What Are The Advantages Of Dentures:
- Dentures can be a good option for people who have lost all of their teeth and don’t have the finances to afford implants.
- With dentures, you can make a person’s profile look drastically different. It is advisable if your only goal is a better-looking smile.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Dentures:
- A denture completely blocks the inside of the roof of the mouth. The biggest problem with that is that you’re not going to be able to taste the food that you want.
- Dentures tend to fall out easily.
- Dentures can easily block some of your tastebuds.
- Dentures are less comfortable.
- They are expensive to maintain.
Overdentures are quite different from traditional dentures. They are also known as "snap-in dentures. Overdentures differ from traditional dentures in a way that they have at least two or four implants to connect them. This allows the denture to snap in easily.
What Are The Advantages Of Overdentures
- They do not fall out easily and stay intact while eating and talking.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Overdentures:
- They are not for long-term use. Overdenture will dislodge and the rings underneath can move or wear down.
- Overdentures need frequent cleaning and relining, and it is quite expensive.
- Overall, overdentures are better than regular dentures, but if you’re going to spend the money, there are better options available.
The dental implant is basically a bridge that connects the teeth and gums and keeps them intact. Dental implants are beneficial in permanently replacing an entire arch of teeth. If you are choosing dental implants, then it would be the most functional choice and it will perform just like your natural teeth.
Dental implants are available in titanium or zirconia. Generally, the titanium dental implant has acrylic material around the titanium bar with denture teeth on top, but the zirconia device is one piece.
What Are The Advantages Of Dental Implants
- Both Titanium and zirconia are good options if your main goal is to improve your appearance.
- Dental implants are highly customizable.
- Dental implants are designed on a computer, which means you can choose exactly the size, shape, or shade you want.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Dental Implants
- The biggest disadvantage of dental implants is that you cannot combine it with dentures.
- If the dental implants procedure is not done properly, then the surrounding teeth can pop off.
- Dental implants are not long-lasting and can wear down with time as the acrylic absorbs saliva.
- Dental Implants are harder to clean.
Well, now you know that it takes effort to get your dream smile. With each option listed above, you would be able to get the idea of what would be suitable or best for your teeth. If you are still confused, you can take suggestions from various experienced and trusted dentists. They will help you to know what’s best for you, it’s important to get a professional opinion. If you are searching for the right dental provider, then it can be challenging to know where to go. At 1000oaksdentists, you’ll receive the best patient care available at the hands of highly experienced dental implant experts. With a virtually painless procedure, state-of-the-art equipment, and a convenient downtown location, 1000oaksdentists has everything you need to achieve your dream smile.